Tuesday, January 31, 2012

First Day of Preschool

January 31, 2012
Today was my baby’s first day of preschool!  I think I was more nervous, anxious, scared (fill in the blank) than anyone else.  Any other morning Nay is up with us at the crack of dawn (really anywhere between 7 and 730a) but this morning he just would not wake up.  At 8a we were still waking him up and getting him ready (with preschool starting at 830a).  Once he was up and at ‘em he was ready to go to school!

Nay ready for his first day of preschool

Unfortunately this morning was not one of our wonderful sunny mornings.  It was a cool, rainy morning that we were forced to walk in.  By the time we got to preschool (about a mile away) we were all soaked (note to self… make sure I buy an umbrella and some ponchos for days like this).

Rainy day outside today

 We weren’t sure how Nathaniel would act so we were prepared for the worst.  Nothing could have prepared us for what happened. When we walked around the corner and saw his classroom he instantly let go of daddy’s hand and ran into the room.  He did not even look back!!!

The pic I was able to snap of Nay running into the classroom to meet his new friends

 After we dropped Nay off we had another half mile walk up to the main campus to drop Averie off at the salon.  Her and her brother sat there while Kenric walked me up to the library where I spent the next few hours.  Averie’s hair turned out AMAZING!!! Best of all it only cost JA$1200 (about US$12).  I am so grateful for this resource.  Now I don’t have to worry about her hair while we are here.  This salon does everything from locs, braids, relaxers, men’s cuts, nails, toes, eyebrows, piercings and waxing.  All of my families grooming needs in one spot J
Averie's hair

more of Averie's hair

After I finished working in the library I walked back and picked up Nay.  I was so relieved to hear that he had a great day… he didn’t even cry.  When I walked in the door and he saw me, the other kids we napping, he jumped up and ran to me and gave me the biggest hug.  The hug wasn’t clingy like something is wrong but just a ‘I missed you mommy’ kind of hug.  He wanted to show me things in his classroom and seemed genuinly happy. I asked him if he wants go back tomorrow and he gave me an emphatic “uhn ha”. I am so grateful and hope his day is just as good tomorrow and the day after.

At home we were able to lay him down for a nap and he slept for hours.  While he slept I went next door to the neighbor’s house.  On our way out this morning they happened to be outside and told me to stop by later.  It was such a pleasure to meet and sit and talk with Mrs “neighbor” (for privacy sake).  She was very knoweldgable and helpful.  Actually she has been the most helpful person I’ve met here regarding my cemetery research.  I’m extremely gratful for the information she provided and am excited to follow up on some of her leads.  Speaking of that, I must end this blog now so that I can get some work done.  I just found out I have a 20 page manuscript due in 9 days for the AAPP program back at USC, so I better get to work.  Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment