Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hope Gardens and Cemetery Fun

February 1, 2012
We had a great day today.  I walked Nay to preschool this morning and he was not so happy.  He cried when I left him and that broke my heart. When I got back to the house the kids were almost done with their school work and we headed out to the Hope Gardens and Zoo.  The view was amazing… here are some pics:

Kids blowing bubbles in Hope Gardens

Averie (probably tired of me making her pose for all of those pictures )

Joshua (probably feeling the same as his sister)

The cutest little parrot that jumped down and walked right up to the cage

An Indian Mongoose

A gorgeous view in the Gardens

The snake put on a show for us.  He 'danced' for several minutes for us.

This was the fastest turtle we had ever seen... he was running

The most spectacular view of the day

Yet another beautiful sight

After Hope Gardens and Zoo our driver dropped me off on campus for a meeting and took Kenric and the kids to pick up Nay from preschool.  I had lunch with a wonderful professor in the department who was extremely helpful in regards to my research and just getting adjusted.  He took me around and introduced me to others and plans to share my information with other faculty that may be able to help.  For lunch I had stewed vegetables, salad and peas and rice.  Those stewed vegetables were amzing.  I don’t know why I hadn’t tried them sooner.

Kenric told me that Nay had another great day at school, so I was relieved and happy to see his little face running up to me as I approached the house. After coming home and getting some more work done (which I was quite productive at) we took the kids to the park, came home had dinner and after chores were complete put everyone to bed.

Tomorrow is a big day.  A huge archaeological find (well huge to me anyway) was discovered on campus today and I have been called in to help. 

February 2, 2012
I am exhausted.  I have so much to tell about my day but not enough energy to tell it.  It was a great day… a cemetery was discovered on campus and I was asked to assist in the recording of what was exposed.  In addition to my being exhausted, the project is so big and I am so low on the totem pole that I probably should not say to much anyway. So with that, Good Night (maybe… the music outside is so loud I can clearly hear every word through my concrete walls L )!


No comments:

Post a Comment