Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Advice from the Experienced (Thank You)

Last week I decided to reach out to some scholars who have previously completed a Fulbright in Jamaica.  I was a little apprehensive about contacting these individuals… I didn’t know how I would be received or what to expect.  Boy oh boy, I am so glad I did reach out to them.  Both individuals responded immediately and were both extremely kind.  I spoke to one former Fulbrighter on the phone and she was extremely informative.  That conversation really put my mind at ease.  We discussed Jamaican culture, students at the university, crime, driving, housing, options for my children, etc.  I learned so much from our brief discussion and I am so thankful that she took the time out of her day to call me.  I will certainly make sure that when I am a former Fulbrighter I will make myself available to all the new Fulbrighters that contact me, when that time comes. In the meantime I will take the advice that I received from a wise former Fulbrighter today and just sit back and enjoy this ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment