Monday, October 10, 2011

Only a few months now...

Well we are about three months away from our move to Jamaica. Excitement and extreme nervousness is in the air.  I’m about to reignite me efforts to collect things such as batteries, candles, etc to add to our Jamaica box.  I’ve been fortunate in that the last several months have keep me pretty busy, and even the summer before that, so I have not had time to just sit and think about Jamaica.  Well, things are slowing down now and I have plenty of time to think about Jamaica.

My first semester in the PhD program is brutal going well!  I didn’t anticipate the amount of work it would require, so I of course thought it would be a piece of cake to juggle homeschooling, a full time teaching job and being a PhD student.  I am now learning that I am far from being Super Woman, and that’s ok.  This semester has showed me that I need to start setting realistic goals and that will start in Jamaica *smile*. Speaking of goals I have come a long way in my research.  Finishing up at one site and getting ready to start another.  Researchers in my field have been so generous with information that it is almost overwhelming.  I will have to a lot to do when I return from Jamaica.  I’m looking forward to seeing how data I collect from Jamaica will tie in, but I suspect it will all tie in nicely providing a broader more well rounded picture.

So now that things seem to be slowing a bit I will make more of an effort to keep this blog updated.  This will be my lifeline to family and friends once we leave (this and FB) so I want to keep it active.  Thank you to whoever is out there reading it now! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment