Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Updates and finalizations

With less than 90 days before we head to Jamaica we have officially started our countdown.  It is becoming more and more real to the kids… and to me!  We are starting to nail down final arrangements as we get all of our paperwork in order.  There was a little bit of confusion on my role at the university but I believe that has all been sorted out and I have finally received word on what classes I will be assisting with.  I am extremely lucky in that I get to put a heavy emphasis on my research while I am there.  While I certainly would love a more hands-on role in the class room I am EXTREMELY grateful for the time I will get to spend in the field (and with my children exploring a beautiful country).  My time there (as of right now) will consist of me guest lecturing and focusing on my cemetery research.

We have had some changes in our plans and our friends will not be traveling to Jamaica with us to hang out with the kids while I am working.  I am not sure what I will do with the kids while I am working now.  I am considering enrolling them into school in Jamaica.  As homeschoolers here in North Carolina, however, they have never been in a school setting and I do not want to overwhelm them either (especially being so far away from home).  I think we will just make the final decision once we arrive and are able to get acquainted with our new surroundings.

As I have been emphasizing, (which I can’t seem to emphasize enough) we are VERY excited about our upcoming trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment