Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hair cuts and goodbyes

February 3, 2012
Today was a good day.  I was out in the field from about 830a until 1130a.  That went well, although I kept making these little mistakes (mistakes I should certainly no better) that cost me time and energy. I still can’t divulge any details about the project, but hope to be able to post some pics in the future. 

Kenric called me just as I was wrapping up to tell me he and our driver were on campus and could stop to pick me up. Once I was picked up we headed to get Nay from school early. The boys had to get a haircut so we headed to the salon on campus at the student union.  This was Nay’s first hair cut by a barber and he did phenomenal.  See pics below:

Nay in the chair with daddy
After it is all said and done... so fresh!
A close up... look at that lineup!

Another close up
 After hair cuts we headed home and stopped at our favorite corner store/ resturant to get a scoop of ice cream. The night got pretty depressing after that as we all anticipated Kenric leaving tomorrow.  We stayed close as a family and watch our family tv shows and followed Kenric around the house as he tried to pack his suitcase. Not much more to tell except I am SO not looking forward to tomorrow!  I didn’t think it would be this hard…

February 4, 2012
Ok! I’m better now and am able to write this blog.  Boy was today rough.  I woke up in tears and remained in tears until we finally got Kenric to the airport at about 130p.  This morning was our usual morning with breakfast and chores.  Our driver arrived at 930a to take us down to the National Gallery for the kids art class.  While the kids were in class Kenric, Nay and I walked to the craft market.  I loved it there but know I could never go without my hubby… he knows how to bargain. After the craft store we walked through the street market to get something to eat.  We found a Mother’s and ate there… the food was pretty good but I was just not able to eat. Then the time finally came to take Kenric to the airport. Talk about gut wrenching saddness when he got out of that van. Then I looked back and saw how upset the kids were so I had to suck it all in and be mommy for them.  They (we, secretly) cried about half way home until our driver was pulled over by the police.  He hadn’t down anything wrong that I could see.  While one constable talked to him the other opened the van door and talked to me.  I’m not sure if he was attempting to distract me from our driver but he was very nice, asking where we are from and how we like it so far and wishing us a pleasant stay.  Our driver got back in visbly unhappy and we continued on our way.  Once home I had to go and lay down immediately to nurse the huge headache I had brought on by being so upset. After the headache had subsided mommy duties called.  The kids were hungry and wanted a snack.  We made some delicious smores in the toaster oven and that seemed to make everything alright! We are good now… the kids are playing and I am able to write this blog.  I know we will be fine, Kenric was able to get us completely comfortable while he was here.  I is just going to take me a little while to get over missing my husband.  I’m sure once Monday comes and work resumes all will be back to normal.


View of the fishing boats from the back of the craft market... Nay actually took this pic! Future photographer?!?!

This amazing tree... never seen a tree like it!

Nay's 'Rasta grandaddy' as he calls himself.  He made that necklace I have on.

waiting on 'bro bro' and 'sissy' to get out of art class at the National Gallery

still waiting
 
so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment